Clean Up Cowell’s
Ways you can help:
- Join the chapter's BWTF and help insure that Cowell’s and Main Beach are tested for water quality.
- Attend public safety committee hearings and ask what is being done to get Cowell’s off the Dirtiest Beaches List
- Contact the Public Safety Committee and ask David Terrazas what measures they are taking to get Cowell’s off the dirtiest beach list. His email address is email@example.com.
- Fill out a surfer illness form to document getting sick from surfing.
- Take photos to document pollution and needles at Cowell’s and Main Beach. Post them on the chapter's Facebook page and let everyone know on twitter with @surfridersc and #CleanUpCowells
- Tell your friends and family about Cowell’s being one of the dirtiest beaches in California for almost half a decade. Let local business nearby know that you are afraid that you may get sick from spending a day at Cowell’s Beach. Most people don’t realize that Cowell’s beach is dirtier than the Tijuana Rivermouth.
Nobody should get sick from surfing or spending a day at the beach. The Surfrider Foundation San Cruz Chapter’s goal is to get Cowell’s beach off the dirtiest beach list (beach bummer list), and get it back to being a healthy beach for residents and tourists alike to enjoy.
- Chapter:Santa Cruz
- State: CA
- Country: USA
- Theme: Clean Water
- Launch Date: September 30 2013
- Completion Date: Ongoing
Chair <at> santacruz.surfrider.org
Danny Wright - Blue Water Task Force lab coordinator - bwtf <at> santacruz.surfrider.org