Ocean Friendly Gardens home
Talks can be a short overview of OFG at the beginning of another group's presentation or a longer-format that stands on its own. Some chapters have even hired a landscape professional to teach a class.
Hands-On Workshops and barn-raising-type GAP Workdays. The classes are comprehensive and integrate several key components for developing a successful garden, focusing on:
- Understanding the watershed you live in
- Reviewing the problem: polluted runoff (wet- and dry-weather sources);
- Solution - essentially, it's landscaping - and making hard surfaces permeable: using rainwater as a resource; creating healthy, living soil; using climate-appropriate plants.
- Managing the projects we do to insure they continue to perform
- Collaboration - with other non-profits, the private sector and government: to shift the landscape marketplace so that OFGs become the norm. Following a common message, setting standards, and training a workforce.
The OFG Program Coordinator can share slideshows with you that you can then customize.