Protecting Oceans, Waves and Beaches since 1984
July 30, 2013
Topics: Beaches Economics Waves Coastal armoring Campaigns
What is New Jersey doing post-Sandy?
Read Full Post
November 28, 2012
Topics: Beach access Coastal development Chapters Economics Stories Culture Shifting DIY Activism Modern Activism Surfing
Can a small group of people really make a difference? Yes, they can.
September 25, 2012
Topics: Beach access Victories Coastal development Beaches Economics Coastal armoring Activism
1% of the public should not be able to take public land away from the other 99%
August 30, 2012
Topics: Policy Water Beaches Economics Activism Plastics
Great, straightforward video from the Latino Community.
June 28, 2012
Topics: Coastal development Strategy Beaches Economics Culture Shifting Surfing
Many of us don't even think about this question... and yet we pay the price every single day. We pay it because it's worth it.
March 16, 2012
Topics: Economics Activism
Dr. Chad Nelsen embodies protection and enjoyment of oceans, waves and beaches.
November 18, 2011
Topics: Victories Economics Waves Coastal armoring Surfing
Protecting something, anything, over the long term is not easy. Protecting a wave takes a few things, including locals willing to fight to preserve it.
November 11, 2011
Topics: Policy Beach fill Beaches Economics Waves Coastal armoring Campaigns Activism Water Quality Surfing
Ever wonder what it means to protect a wave? Watch this video and you'll know.
September 03, 2011
Topics: Events Coastal development Economics Coastal armoring Culture Shifting
We just watched Hurricane Irene sweep up the East Coast. Another hurricane is brewing in the Gulf. What are we learning about our coasts?
September 24 2010
Economics Jim's Blog
February 02 2010
Please sign the petition to ask the Department of Interior to cancel these proposed seismic surveys!
Access to Laniakea beach, on the North Shore, is under threat by a misguided effort to reduce traffic. The HDOT is planning to barricade…
Visit the Action Center
View our Twitter Feed
About Us | Press Center | Become a Member Corporate Partners | Careers | Contact Us
SURFRIDER and the SURFRIDER LOGO are registered service marks of Surfrider Foundation