Resolution on International Affiliates
Ratified by Surfrider Board of Directors, Nov. 6, 1999
In an effort to clarify and enhance our relationship with our international affiliates and move towards establishing stronger partnerships to move Surfrider's environmental mission forward in the international arena, the committee recommends that the Board adopt the following resolution:
The Surfrider Foundation- USA shall move towards establishing closer ties with international partners to assist our international affiliates, to learn from their experiences, and work together to achieve our mission globally.
In order to accomplish these goals Surfrider Foundation-USA shall:
- Examine ways to establish an international funding mechanism.
- Identify partnerships for grant opportunities.
- Develop a regular international meeting.
- Embrace international program once funding for it is in place.
- Enhance channels of communication.