The Surfrider Foundation is a non-profit grassroots organization dedicated to the protection and enjoyment of the world’s ocean, waves and beaches through a powerful activist network. Founded in 1984 by a handful of visionary surfers in Malibu, California, the Surfrider Foundation now maintains over 500,000 supporters, 84 chapters and 130+ youth clubs nationwide.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Membership Service Coordinator is responsible for membership customer service and data needs from updates, to audience selection to reporting as well as responding to members’ general inquiries for the Surfrider Foundation.
Coordinator duties will include:
- Interact with Surfrider Foundation members and supporters by phone, email and letter correspondence.
- Develop knowledge about the Surfrider Foundation’s mission and impact on protecting our coasts to be able to communicate with our members about our initiatives.
- Provide outstanding and responsive customer service to improve satisfaction and cultivate retention.
- Handle and resolve member inquiries and complaints via email or phone in a timely and accurate manner.
- Oversee thank you acknowledgements & membership benefits fulfillment with external vendor; and monitor and track acknowledgment inventory.
- Classification and data entry of incoming mailed funds into Salesforce system.
- Salesforce: Make changes to member accounts in database according to established business rules and varied data entry tasks.
- Salesforce: Monthly renewal audience reports and special appeal reports (6x annually) to be provided to RWT and continued support on weekly acknowledgement files to Merkle.
- Salesforce: manage the weekly import of the Merkle contribution files as well as other needed imports
- Assist in membership product purchasing and order fulfillment needs for membership benefits and chapter supplies.
- Monitor member product inventory at Surfrider Headquarters office and with partners.
- Fulfillment and mailing of small volume membership collateral and merchandise.
- Miscellaneous assistance with elevated membership responsibilities, along with various assignments and tasks as needed.
Reports to: Director of Development.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's Degree (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years in membership, association management, or non-profit related area
- Experience with Salesforce (Salesforce NGO Connect/roundCorner a double plus!!), or related CRM-data management system is highly preferred.
- Experience managing projects, timelines and budgets
- Demonstrate a strong orientation toward customer service, be a team player and maintain an approachable and positive attitude
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Administrative, organizational and project management capabilities
- Must be a strong individual contributor and also supportive of teamwork and able to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, employ effective time management and organizational techniques, apply creative and analytical thinking, handle sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work independently, as well as take instructions from supervisor
- Able to complete tasks on time, switch directions on short notice, work well under pressure and maintain standards of excellence on projects with short timelines
- Possess a high level of integrity, desire to learn, and intrinsic motivation
- Comfort level working with technology and willingness to learn IT systems
Salary & Benefits:
This is a full-time position based out of Surfrider Foundation Headquarters in San Clemente, California. Benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage monthly premiums compensated 100% by Surfrider Foundation, Long-Term Disability insurance, Employee Assistance program (EAP), Section 125 Flexible Spending Account (FSA), 401(k) plan with partial employer matching. Surfrider provides paid holidays, vacation and sick time.
Please send cover letter, resume, salary requirements and (optional) references and any other supporting information to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject Membership Service Coordinator. Visit https://www.surfrider.org/support-surfrider for more information about our membership program. Phone inquiries or walk-ins will not be accepted, thank you for understanding.
Surfrider Foundation highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected class under law.