SOCIAL MEDIA AND CONTENT COORDINATOR
The Surfrider Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the protection and enjoyment of our world’s oceans, waves and beaches for all people through a powerful activist network. We are currently seeking a Social Media and Content Coordinator to work with our Brand Manager and assist with Surfrider Foundation’s global marketing and communications efforts, including management of: social media channels, content creation, campaign development, mission-based initiatives, merchandise marketing, and administrative tasks.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Day-to-day oversight of Surfrider Foundation’s global social media platforms, including but not limited to:
- Conceptualization, planning, production, and publication of all social media content on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Create and maintain social media editorial calendar
- Manage all @surfrider accounts and proactively engage with followers across all channels
- Compile tracking and analytics for social posts, reported bi-monthly to help shape social strategy and measure success
- Develop content and growth strategy for new and emerging channels (IG Reels, Tiktok, YouTube, LinkedIn)
- Research and monitor trends in new tools, topics, key words, and conversations, which will help drive social media engagement and fundraising goals
- Content production: photo, video and graphic content development for foundational asset needs and coordination with in-house graphic designer, as well as external content groups, and ambassadors for major initiatives.
- Serve as lead on social media content creation for other interdepartmental needs
- This includes working directly with different departments—Membership, Fundraising, Partnerships, Chapters, and Mission teams—on content strategy, goals, production, publication, and reporting
- Publish and track digital ads, working with Brand Manager and digital agency, to drive product and membership revenue, brand awareness, and campaign actions
- Develop and maintain social media best-practices, how-to’s, and guidance resources for staff, chapter, and club networks
- Manage and distribute sharable content and suggested posts for key initiatives across our staff and volunteer network
- Work directly with coalitions, community groups, and corporate partners to create and publish relevant social media content
- Provide on-site assistance at events and activations—including content capture and documenting key moments for social media promotion
- Provide necessary logistic and administrative support, responding to general requests/messages, organizing and preparing materials, calendaring, mailings, and setting up conference calls.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- B.A. or B.S. desired, but not required
- 2-4 years of experience, managing social media channels and copywriting for a company or organization (non-profit or action sports industry is a plus)
- Knowledge of social media platforms, including: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, and LinkedIn
- Experience with digital content production, including photo and video editing
- Familiarity with Ad platforms on Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, and Google
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite - including Photoshop and Illustrator
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and demonstrate flexibility when handling multiple major projects
Reports to: Brand Manager
SALARY & BENEFITS:
The Surfrider Foundation offers a salary that is competitive with other national, not-for-profit conservation organizations.
The position starts at $49,000+ dependent upon experience and qualifications.
- Medical, dental and vision coverage monthly premiums compensated 100% by Surfrider Foundation
- Generous paid vacation time, sick time and holidays (16 days/year)
- 401(k) plan with partial employer matching
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Option
- Long-Term Disability Insurance (LTD)
- Employee Assistance program (EAP)
- 50% of personal cell phone bill reimbursement
- Opportunities to enroll in professional development and training courses
Email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Please include your cover letter (including salary requirements) and resume.
The Surfrider Foundation is committed to fostering a just, equitable, diverse and inclusive organization for all people who protect and enjoy the world’s ocean, waves, and beaches. Our success and impact depends on learning from our community, standing in solidarity with our allies and working towards a more just future, both for our organization and the environmental movement as a whole.
The Surfrider Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce. Together we strive to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other protected class.
To learn more about our JEDI commitments, please visit: