The Surfrider Foundation seeks to hire a graduate student for the Dillon Henry Memorial Internship for the summer of 2019. The internship will be based at Surfrider Foundation’s headquarters in San Clemente, California. The position’s responsibilities include providing support for Surfrider’s Coastal Preservation environmental campaigns and programs. The Intern will work under the direction of the Environmental Director, Coastal Preservation Manager and Staff Scientist.
- Review and analyze policy documents, including permit applications and environmental impact statements.
- Assist Surfrider staff in the development of policy memoranda and comment letters.
- Produce content for Surfrider’s Coastal Blog, State of the Beach Report, and other communication platforms on ocean and coastal policy issues.
- Contribute to the development of the 2019 State of the Beach Report Card, including research and jurisdictional outreach on the efficacy of coastal preservation policies.
- Build online engagements for Surfrider supporters and the public on ocean and coastal advocacy campaigns.
- Assist in the development of brochures and fact sheets on Surfrider’s environmental initiatives.
- Assist in the development of media releases.
- Knowledge of local, state, and national coastal and ocean policy.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Currently enrolled in a graduate program focused on marine policy or environmental management.
Start Time: June 2019
Duration: Flexible, 10 week minimum
Pay Stipend: $4,500
Location: San Clemente, CA
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to: Stefanie Sekich-Quinn at email@example.com. Please include “Summer Internship Application” in the email subject line. The application deadline is February 25th, 2019.
The Surfrider Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.