04 • 10 • 2020
Surfrider Brand Partners Step Up In Response to COVID-19
“The opposite of hopelessness is helpfulness.”
Now, more than ever, we are gaining a growing understanding of how our individual actions add up. During the global COVID-19 pandemic, there have been undeniable challenges. We are also first-hand witnesses to an inspiring demonstration of people helping others and taking action for the well-being of humanity and our planet.
The current reality has forced ongoing change and innovation in the business sector. We are incredibly humbled by Surfrider’s official corporate partners who are using their resources and creativity to help solve problems and support the community during COVID-19.
Here are a few positive examples (and this list continues to grow every day):
- Clif Bar has donated 3.6 million Clif Bar products globally to food banks, including local hospitals and other first responders. They are also donating an additional 3 million bars to help sustain frontline health care workers.
- Stasher has donated $100,000 to support No Kid Hungry’s commitment to providing meals to children in America.
- REEF is donating 5% of all sales on Reef.com to the National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians to support the heroic effort of EMTs and first responders across the country.
- Don Q Rum has donated 55,000 gallons of high-proof alcohol to disinfect health care facilities in Puerto Rico.
- Dragon Alliance has donated thousands of goggles in New York and California to support the growing demand for PPE for health care workers.
- Dakine has repurposed their supply chain to support the production of masks and PPE.
- Vans has launched a program to support small business partners.
- Unilever, parent company of REN and Love Beauty and Planet, pledged $20,000 in products and services to support Feeding America.
- Igloo Coolers is donation 100% of the profits from all Playmate Coolers sold on Igloocoolers.com to the CDC Foundation resulting in a donation of $100,000 worth of personal protective equipment to the Houson Department of Health.
- Klean Kanteen has donated over 1,600 reusable water bottles to those in need on the frontlines in partnership with Grassroots Aid Partnership
In addition to donations and tangible support, our partners are also offering creative and entertaining experiences as well as exercises for your mind and body. We hope you will find these just as fun and useful as we do:
- Faherty is hosting Virtual Sun Session concerts on Instagram so you can groove and find joy right where you are.
- Sanuk invites you to zen out with Om at Home yoga practice on Instagram and we're co-hosting our second installmen of U Learn.
- Hippy Tree is hosting their 52 Weeks of Nature photo contest where you can post throw backs of your favorite outdoor spots.
- Rip Curl is releasing weekly videos and content from their “Search Vault”, including at-home surf training from Mick Fanning, best of from Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach throughout the years and more.
- Roark is hosting live Couchside Chats with their adventurous ambassadors about life on the road.
- Vissla wants you to get creative in your free time and submit your designs to their art contest.
- 10 Barrel Brewing Co. is hosting live podcasts and jam sessions nightly on Instagram.
- Firewire has an impressive index of videos and postcasts called The Wire.
We'll continue to add to this list as our partners continue to do great work!
Stay healthy and happy!