11 • 01 • 2021
Sea Level Rise Planning Now!
Require Washington municipalities to use the best available storm and sea level rise projections in local Shoreline Master Plans to ensure community and coastal resiliency.
- Raise awareness about sea level rise using king tide events and imagery
- Serve on WCMAC as ocean representatives advocating for increased agency budgets, policy improvements, and help advance coastal hazards/ economic resilience recommendations
- Lead education and outreach about coastal climate impacts and policy solutions as well as the risks of living on Washington's coast
- Use our platform to elevate the voices of communities and Tribes taking substantive action to adapt to sea level rise
- Support the passage of WA Can’t Wait legislation (HB 1181) and ensure these coastal climate components are maintained