11 • 01 • 2021
Sea Level Rise Planning Now!
The goal of this campaign is to require local municipalities in Washington state to utilize the best available science on sea level rise projections and increasing storm severity into their local comprehensive planning and Shoreline Master Plans for enhanced community and coastal resiliency.
- Raise awareness about sea level rise using king tide events and imagery
- Serve on WCMAC as ocean representatives advocating for increased agency budgets, policy improvements, and help advance coastal hazards/ economic resilience recommendations
- Lead education and outreach about coastal climate impacts and policy solutions
- Use our platform to elevate the voices of communities and Tribes taking substantive action to adapt to sea level rise
- Support the passage of WA Can’t Wait legislation (HB 1099) and ensure these coastal climate components are maintained