Individual Photo Contest
Sponsored by Surfrider Foundation
P.O. Box 73550
San Clemente, CA 92673
This is a skill-based contest. Chance plays no part in the determination of winners.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE A LEGAL U.S. RESIDENT, 13 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
MUST NOT USE CHAPTER RESOURCES TO BENEFIT AN INDIVIDUAL CONTESTANT.
ELIGIBILITY. This Surfrider Foundation sponsored contest (“Contest”) is open only to residents of the United States that are thirteen (13) years of age and older.
ENTRY. To participate in the Contest, an eligible participant (“Contestant”) must submit a photograph of objects found on the beach arranged in a creative and artistic way and share in under 100 words a story about the photograph. This story can include activities, memories or what Contestant (and their community) are doing to protect that beach but it must be under 100 words only. Photos must be submitted to Contestants Instagram or Twitter account, tagged @surfrider and use the hashtag #surfriderfound to be entered into contest. Digital images that are sent via mail or email will not be accepted. A Contestant will automatically be considered “entered” into the Contest upon submission of photo, tagging @surfrider and #surfriderfound and posting of the story to Instagram or Twitter.
All photographs must be submitted by the original source of image. All photographs submitted must adhere to copyright should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable exposure adjustments, etc.) will be disqualified. Entries may originate in any format — including, but not limited to digital files, digital prints, color transparencies, color prints, or black and white prints — so long as they are submitted electronically in a .JPEG .jpg, or.png form. Multiple exposures that have been combined to produce a single “High Dynamic Range” image are acceptable. Contestant may enter an unlimited number of times, but Contestant may not use an agency or automated system to enter.
LIMITATIONS ON ELIGIBILITY. Paid, full-time employees and others associated with administration of the Contest, are not permitted to participate in this Contest.
CONTEST PERIOD. The 2020 Surfrider Found Objects Contest (the “Contest”) is a one-time contest which begins September 14, 2020, 6:00 am PST, and ends at October 16, 2020, 11:59 pm PST (the “Contest Period”).
One (1) Grand Prize consists of: one (1) Firewire Surfboard with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $800 United States Dollars; one (1) Surfrider Annual Membership with an ARV of $25 United States Dollars and
One (1) Second Place prize will be awarded which is to consist of: one (1) GoPro Hero 8 Black with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $400 United States Dollars; one (1) Surfrider Annual Membership with an ARV of $25 United States Dollars and
One (1) Third Place prize will be awarded which is to consist of: one Surfrider Foundation gift package with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $200; (1) Surfrider Annual Membership with an ARV of $25 United States Dollars.
Prize awards are final. No substitution of prizes is permitted. The prizes will be awarded “AS IS” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. Surfrider reserves the right to substitute a prize during the course of the Contest. Surfrider may or may not substitute the Grand Prize, Second Place Prize, and Third Place Prize with an item of comparable value if the prize and/or attendant travel are canceled or unavailable for any reason. In such a case, no cash equivalent or cash substitute will be offered. Surfrider will issue a Form 1099 to the Grand Prize, Second Place Prize, and Third Place Prize Winners for the retail value of the Prize.
SELECTION PROCESS. Eligible entries will be judged by the Surfrider staff. Winners will be chosen based on creativity, photo quality and story about the photos. The Winners will only become official once it is confirmed they have met all stated requirements. Odds of winning depend on the number of entrants participating in the contest.
WINNER NOTIFICATION. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements of these Official Rules and Surfrider’s decisions as to the administration of the Contest. Winners will be notified by November 15, 2020, by Instagram or Twitter Direct Message and/or e-mail. In the event that an Entrant’s email address, telephone number, or address or residence changes, it is the Entrant’s responsibility to notify Surfrider of such change. In the event that any prize notification is undeliverable, Surfrider is unable to contact a Winner, or response to prize notification is not received within ten (10) days, the prize may be forfeited. The Winner may be required to certify and complete an affidavit of eligibility and liability and, where legal, a publicity release must be delivered to Surfrider within ten (10) days, or an alternate Winner may be selected. Where a prize is forfeited, Surfrider staff will select an alternative prize of the same or similar value.
PUBLICITY/USE OF NAME AND LIKENESS. Except where prohibited by law, your entry in the Contest constitutes your consent for Surfrider to use your name, city and state of residence, likeness, photograph, and image for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes in any media, online or offline, without further permission, consent, payment, or other consideration. Residents in certain states may be subject to further requests for express written consent.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- THE CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- Participation in the Contest constitutes the participant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. Surfrider reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any participant it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation with these Official Rules.
- This Contest does not constitute any contractual relationship between the parties, either express or implied. By participating in the Contest, all Contestants, the Winner, any guests, or users do hereby now and forever release Surfrider Foundation, its affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, vendors, employees, agents, and associates (including, but not limited to, Facebook, friend2friend, other advertising and promotional agencies, award suppliers, accommodation and travel providers and their officers, directors, employees, agents, successors and assigns) (“Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, causes of action, losses, expenses, damages and liabilities arising out of or in any way relating to the participation in this Contest, and/or receipt or possession, use or misuse, of any prize or element thereof.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, illegitimate, or impermissible submissions or mail; postage due mail; or any other error whether human, mechanical, or electronic, including any technical malfunctions of the computer on-line system, computer equipment, hardware, or software. Surfrider is not liable for damage to a participant’s computer system in any way due to participation in the Contest or downloading of any information in connection with the Contest, including without limitation any server failure, lost, delayed or corrupted data, or other malfunction.
- Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements of these Official Rules, and Surfrider’s decisions as to the administration of the Contest and prize awards are final. All entrants, Clients, and third parties agree that all decisions of Surfrider will be binding, final, and non-appealable. Information in the Contest is subject to change without notice. Surfrider makes no representations that the materials or information in this Contest are appropriate or available for use in other countries, states, or markets aside from the United States markets where Surfrider presently operates. Surfrider reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify, or suspend the Contest, at any time prior to the determination of the Winner of the Contest. Reasons may include, though are not limited to, the occurrence of fraud, technical failures, or any other factor beyond the reasonable control of Surfrider, which may impair the integrity of the Contest, as determined by Surfrider in its sole discretion. Surfrider will make a reasonable effort to give notice of such changes to the Contest.
- Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Surfrider reserves the right to disqualify the participant and seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Nothing contained in the Contest should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed in the Contest, or any license or right to use any other trademark owned by any third party. In the event that anyone misuses any Trademark in violation of these Terms and Conditions, Surfrider will enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
- Unauthorized use of the information, materials or the Contest itself is strictly prohibited and is a violation of the rights of Surfrider and/or third parties, including without limitation, under copyright laws, trademark laws, and the laws of privacy and publicity. Previously published material for which non-exclusive rights were granted may be entered as long as Contestant still maintains the right to grant us a license. Contestant must be able to disclose when and where the photo appeared previously to current Contest.. If you choose to include people in your submission, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted, and must be able to provide copies of those releases to Surfrider Foundation upon request.
- Surfrider makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy, correctness, reliability or otherwise with respect to information made available concerning the Contest, and assumes no liability or responsibility for any omissions or errors (including without limitation typographical errors and technical errors) in the context of the Contest.
- Surfrider maintains and operates this Contest from its headquarters in the state of California, in the United States. These Terms and Conditions are governed and interpreted under the laws of the state of California, United States of America. If any portion of these terms and conditions is deemed unlawful, void or unenforceable, then that part shall be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- These Terms and Conditions set forth the entire understanding and agreement between the Contestant, Surfrider, and all other parties with respect to the Contest. Contestant acknowledges that any other agreement between Surfrider, with respect to the Contest are superseded and of no force or effect.
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook or Twitter.
PRIZE WINNERS AND OFFICIAL RULES. A copy of these Official Rules and the Contest results may be obtained by written request to Surfrider Marketing Attn. Sr. Marketing Manager P.O. Box 73550, San Clemente, CA 92673, or by calling (949) 492-8170.